Over conditioning or cheap conditioner?

My hair seems to be getting very greasy lately. I've used cheap conditioners for years so I think I'm over doing it.

What are your thoughts on cheap conditioners?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know that it is because it is cheap, but if you have fine hair, it could be too heavy for it. Also, if you use the same shampoo/conditioner for a while, your hair becomes "immune" to it and it causes build-up. My hair is pretty thick, so I can't use cheap conditioners because I feel like I have to use more of it and it still doesn't quite get the job done. (When I think cheap conditioner, I think Suave) A cheap conditioner that I've been using though, is Pantene. I love that they now have the different kinds that are formulated for different hair types. I think you might want to look into that. Hope this helps!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You may not be rinsing properly.  I use American Cream condition from Lush, it doesn't take much and it rinses out very easily.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It is more likely a buildup in your hair or your shampoo. Try neutrogena's anti-residue shampoo. Its cheap and effective. (You can use it once every couple of weeks to remove the buildup) It'll help strip all the oils out of your hair. You might want to switch to a nicer conditioner if this keeps happening though. I'd recommend one for you but I have no idea what kind of hair you have.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010