How many of you were induced and ended up with a C-Section?

I was induced with my first but I was able to have a vaginal birth.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 9:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Thank you so much for posting a question like this!! I have worried so much about this. I am high risk due to past miscarriages and a still birth also due to medical reasons that I have. But the doctor said that she would not induce me until 39 weeks unless baby decided it was time to come earlier or it was medically needed for her to come out earlier than that. But I have heard that being induced was worse than going into labor on your own so I have had mixed emotions about it all. I just didnt want to be that women that was in labor for 35 hours an then they decide to do a c section. And I really dont want to have a c section I want to be able to experience a vaginal birth atleast once. So again that you for the post ad thank you for the responses it makes me feel a little better!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I've never been induced but my sis was twice and vaginally delivered both
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was induced with my second one. And every thing went OK. I don't know why there is so much controversy with this procedure.
    With both of my boys I had vaginal birth.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 9:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I actually induced myself, the dr. gave me petocin to try to help me dilate, about 12 hours into it I got an epidural, the baby's heart rate dropped so it was an emergency c section
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was induced with my 1st and had to have a c-section. I wouldn't dilate enough. The 2nd and 3rd were scheduled c-sections. My 2nd was born just 11 months after my first, so the doc said it was too soon to try a v-bac. :-(
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had a natural birth for my first and was induced with my 2, 3 and 4th and no c sections.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was induced and it went like clockwork. Very smooth and easy. As soon as I started to feel contractions, I got an epidural and a little while later & 5 pushes, My DS was born vaginally. It was easy as pie. Thank God, I would want to be induced again. It all depends on your Dr., Their experience and the care you receive. I went to the Hospital the night before & 3 other girls were also being induced by the same medical practice. We all delivered one after another according to what time we came in the night before. It was amazing.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was induced with my son and my sister was induced with both of her children, neither of us needed a c-section.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was induced with both kids, and my first induction was ten hours, start to finish. Second was six hours...vaginal births on both
    lu_n_libs_mama

Answer by lu_n_libs_mama at 9:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had 2 inductions resulting in a vaginal birth :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2010