Does everyone's car shake like this on the highway?

Going 75-80 down the highway and my car shakes and pulls to the right...why is this? DH says it's not bad, but it seems hard for me to control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Travel

• no that is not normal. If it's pulling, take it in for an alignment.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Mine does not do that. Honestly, I would have someone look at it. It could be your tires are worn, or have a knot or a broken belt. It could also be a tie rod or a U joint or something going bad. Either way, better safe than sorry.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yea it isn't good for your car... something about tires need rotating I think
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• check your tires, one may be getting low on air or the treading might be starting to wear off. I've had that a couple of times and usually whatever they do with an oil change (which includes filling the air in the tires) fixes it. You have to be carefull with this because the shaking can loosen parts in your car and motor mount.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 9:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Mine does it when it gets that fast. I think some cars aren't meant to go fast though.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sounds like you need a front end alignment.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think maybe your tires need balanced and aligned sp?
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 9:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my sisters truck does. Pretty much everyone i know with an older truck does this. my car doesnt do it though.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yes, i've been having the same problem. We just needed our tires rotated, aligned, and balanced....Good luck!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You need to have the tires balanced and aligned and that should do it, if not ask if you have a bent rim.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010