boiling water for bottles....

what would hurt if you gave your baby tap water in their bottles instead of boiled or bottled?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 8:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends. My kids were fin with the well water at their grandparents, but for the first few months of life couldn't tolerate the non-well water at our house. It upset their stomachs, made them really gassy. You can give it a try (you'll know after one bottle!). I never boiled the water, we would use spring water.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It really depends on your baby and your water. Boiling it just kills off any little parasites that might not upset your stomach, but would and infant with a sensitive tummy.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 8:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Wow.... I thought I had heard it all. I have been using tap water since my baby girl was born (shes almost 5 months). No problems with her :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If you can drink your tap water it is fine for your little one to drink. I have to boil my sons water because we have well water and we can't even drink it because it is not recommended by the health department.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 10:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would say it depends on where you live. I live close to the southern border and would never dream of using the tap water for my sons bottle. I'm sure people in this town drink the water, but not my family (it goes through a filter first). We live too close to a 3rd world country with poor healthcare and minimal restrictions on waste (sewage/drains). I don't even want to think about what is leaking into our water supply here.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008