Autism Question?

If you have multiple children and one has been diagnosed with Autism. What has been your experience with the pregnancy and delivery.

Honestbest

Asked by Honestbest at 9:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I have 3 children, my oldest is 16 yrs of age then 12, and 5 yrs old.

My first pregnancy was very harsh bad labor and emergency C section. My other two were

scheduled C sections so they were no problem.

my 16 yr old is the one with autism. Though she didn't have any trouble after the delivery ..
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have three boys with autism. All were typical pregnancies two were natural and one was emergency c-section. Being induced has no bearing on whether or not a child develops autism. At least not yet.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My oldest is on the spectrum the other 2 are not. All 3 of mine were born via c-sections, although with the 1st I was told he could go ether way, and I would have to go into labor and try delivery to see which way it would end up. His was a long labor and I had problems with the epidural. He was a summer baby, and it was a very hot summer-- I do remember having some headaches ( I am prone to them anyway) when pregnant with him, and I had real bad swelling in my fingers, toes, feet ankles.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have two boys. My 9 year old has the diagnosis of Autism.
    Both pregnancies went really well to the exception that with my 2 year old I requested to be induced.
    Honestbest

Comment by Honestbest (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Thank you moms for your posts. I know that in our cases sometimes it is hard to reveal or disclose information but I appreciate your honesty.
    Honestbest

Comment by Honestbest (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010