What is the normal temperture for a 2 month old?

My daughter just got her 2 month shots today and her temperture is 102. Should I go to the doctor or is that normal?

lilmom2be

Asked by lilmom2be at 8:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is high. The average normal temp for any human is 98.6. I would call the doctor and see if they want you to take her in to the ER, or medicate and wait until the morning to come in to the office. It is dangerous for babies that young to have temps over 101.5.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 8:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• no this is not normail. What i would do is take her a warm bath and leave her with no cloths on and see what happens and if that dont work u can give her a little tylenol infant drops but ONLY A LITTLE. my son was the same way and i went to the doctor and thats what they told me
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Babies temps are alittle higher naturally than ours, sometimes averaging at around 99.2. Is your child actually 8 weeks old? It does make a difference. Any baby with a fever of 100.4 rectally under 8 weeks needs to see the pediatrician immediately. Babies that young should not get a fever . that's a sign of something wrong. If she is over 8 weeks u should still call the ped. and see what they say about administering tylenol. Theywill probably tell you to give her .2cc's.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If she just got shots, thats most likely why she has a fever. Not normal. Give her tylenol. After shots, my ped said no need to call unless fever is over 103.0.

P.S. When no shots are involved, (before 4 months) you need to call the doc if fever is over 100.4.

Hope this helps :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My ped told me to give infant tylenol as needed. I would try that first and see if the temp comes down over the next hour. You can also give her a teped (not warm/not cold) bath and leave her in just her diaper for a while. You want to lower her body temp (nothing to raise it higher). If all this does not lower her fever, I would call the ped and see if you should go to the ER.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• my son just got his 2 month shots as well the doctor told me that he could get a fever as high as 102 and that if this occured to just give him the infant tylenol as needed every 4 hours not b4 though.
    Autumnleaves09

Answer by Autumnleaves09 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2008