Do not know what I should do.

Hi Ladies I am currently 14.5 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing a lot of cramping. Yesterday I went to the beach with my husband and a couple of friends and was having a great time up until it was time to go. That is when all the cramps began. I do not know if I should associate the cramping with this but it the only thing I did out of my ordinary routine. Was I not suppose to go to the beach? The cramps lasted yesterday all the way til i went to bed. I drank plenty of water while I was there and when I got home my husband made sure of it. So I know it is not lack of water. He keeps telling me it is growing pains because that is what the doctor tell me when I have mild cramping, but I no longer consider this mild cramping if it is lasting this long. I do not know if I should just write this off as growing pains or call the doctor and ask to be seen as soon as possible. What do you ladies think I should do?

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It might be nothing, but pain is pain and there is a reason it occurs. See your doctor as soon as you can.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Well, it's obviously enough to be worrying you, so I would go get it checked out, even if it is just growing pains, peace of mind is priceless.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sounds like you were just moving more than usual, in ways you normally don't. Your uterus is growing, and the ligaments attaching it to your body wall stretch, too. That said, it might be a good idea to call the doctor, just to be sure. They will probably tell you to take it easy and have some water, put your feet up, stretch, etc, and to let them know if you experience any bleeding (which I assume you're not having). I hope all turns out okay!
    PS- lots of cramping ahead, it's pregnancy, hun! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2010