Do you ever know exactly what you want?

I can never figure out what I want, there is a question what is the best thing that could happen to you today and I have no idea what that could be. I can think of okay things that can happen to me, I can think of BAD things that could happen for me, but not the best thing and this goes along with other decisions about what I want. Do you have this problem? I think it's because I put everyone else first, I have no idea what I would want...

MamaRoberts

Asked by MamaRoberts at 10:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am exactly the same way.
    For instance,
    my birthday is in 2 days, and people keep asking what I want. I honestly cannot think of anything.
    Money?
    lol
    And I had money to spend on myself as an early gift, and all I wanted to do is buy things for my daughters, or the house.
    It's been like this since I had my older daughter.
    I can't even think of food choices for myself. I always want something else lol.
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 7:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Yes. I took me some time to answer that question too.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 10:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I agree with you, I usually put everyone else before me. Well just my family not really my friends.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have no idea what I want for myself. I answered that question, something about my daughter being healthy. I guess would consider that good for myself as well as for her. But, for just me? I have NO idea.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think it is typical of mothers to put everyone before themselves. Still, we need to be thinking about ourselves because we are needed by our families. So I challenge you to do one thing just for yourself this week. It could be as simple as taking an extra long bath or as big as a makeover. Whatever you do, do it only for yourself just this once!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• All moms need to do for themselves sometimes. I know I get caught up in the everyday living stuff. The husband, kids--mine and the kids friends, the housework, getting ready to move to another house. All of the everyday stuff that will just drive you over the edge. I try to give me a few minutes of just me time everyday.. Either while the kids are all asleep in the morning or after everybody goes to at night. Don't forget to take care of you sometimes. Good luck mom Figuring out what you want.
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a list a things I want things I want to do and places I want to go to. So when I do have a chance or the $$$ I refer to my list and then I know what I can do with the time and $$ I have avail.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes I do. I am a people pleaser so even if it is simple as do you want corn or peas with dinner (this was last night lol) I cannot decide. I want corn but my husband doesn't like corn so I said peas to appease (LOL) him. But my current big situation is I got laid off in May so I decided to do the SAHM thing then take in another family of kids for income and something to do. I found a lady with 2 kids. She is great and all and so are her kids. BUT I am more of the desk job type person and she is moving 30 minutes away JUST to have me watch her kids! That is a lot of pressure. Do I want to risk it not working out and lose my unemployment benefit? Or continue looking for my dream job that I probably cannot get because I am not qualified for it...

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have that problem too.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes I know exactly what I want I want to write, make my company successful, graduate and do Iron Man andfinish losing weight so I can date again.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 20, 2010