Friendship advice

Any advice for me. I thought I had friends I mean when I call them they will talk and be nice. But they never call me and if leave messege they still will not call me back. My husband and I do not get along every now and then. Parents are okay but sometimes that is not so great. Life is not good if no one to turn to. Any advice on how to make friends? Also these other so called friends should I just drop them or still call when need to talk?

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 10:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I am thinking you may need to find new friends. Friends should call you back or at least email you. I know every one gets busy but me and my BFF email or facebook when we can't talk
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i feel the same way my best friend is my mom and my husband hates it that i talk to her every day. in use to have lots of girl friends but they all did me dirty and my mom has always been there for me
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am going through something similar. When I tried to tell these friends how it made me feel when they didn't respond to my texts or calls, they got mad at me and stopped talking to me.
    I do have one friend who is there for me no matter what and I am there for her. She knows if something is wrong and will call me back or text me back ASAP. She is a true friend. We've been friends for about 2 years.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Everyone gets busy, but that's no excuse. Real friends realize that communication isn't a one way street. You shouldn't have to be the only one making the efforts. I also hope that the only time you're calling them isn't when you have a problem, that could make you feel like a burden and make people get feeling pretty worn out.
    I hope you're able to make some new friends. Maybe take a class through community ed or something fun to meet people with similar interests. Good luck.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010