Any advice on potty training my 2 year son?

My son just turned 2. When should I start potty training him and any advice?

michelletells

Asked by michelletells at 10:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he is asking, irritated by wet or poop, or sticking his hands down his pants he is probably ready. (those are not the only signs but some of the bigger ones)
    Put him in straight underware, no pull ups except at night. When he goes 2 FULL weeks of no accidents at night you can lose the pull up there too.
    Use a reward system and never punish him for accidents or just not getting it.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:20 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my dh is 21mths old and has been potty trained for about 5mths. she still has accidents and she wear a diaper to bed, she wakes up crying wanting to be changed when she wets herself at night. we tried before we were successful and it just didnt work so we quit for a few mths and then started again and i guess she was more ready for it then bc it was very successful. and when she did go to the potty she loved high 5s, well she still does, and she likes to be bragged on and like to brag. she will say "daddy i peepee" or "sissy i peepee" and she will sometimes say "wook mommy, i peepee"
    FallonBlackmon

Answer by FallonBlackmon at 1:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010