Do you have something that is broken but will never part with it?

I don't think I have any. But I know FEW people that would keep every single thing even if it is broken.

Honestbest

Asked by Honestbest at 10:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I may hang on to it for a short while if it had special meaning to me , ya to kind of mourn the loss of it and all. But I will eventually throw it away. No sense in hanging on to something you do not or cannot use. I tend to live by the 1 year rule....if you have not worn or used it in 1 year off it goes to charity (if it is not broke)
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No, I consider that hoarding. I will throw it out even if it has sentimental value...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The only thing that I have that is "broken" is the stuffed teddy bear that my husband gave to me while we were in the 8th grade. My sister tore his head off when I was in high school and I had it resown on but the threads become lose and I haven't fixed it yet.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a ring my grandmother gave me when I was in highschool, it has a missing stone but I still keep it in my jewelry box. But usually I am always getting rid of stuff that doesn't work or that we just don't use.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have part of it. My husband got me a Scobby Pinata for my 21st birthday. It was the year I was pregnant and he filled it with tootsie pops, the one thing I was craving so bad I'd kill for!
    I kept the head. :-) It's in a tote of stuff that I'm hanging onto for sentimental reasons.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a afghan blanket that was my grandmothers that I always used sitting on the couch in the winter at home growing up, it has holes in it and is coming apart now but I will always keep it, it has special memories to me.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 10:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my grandma's pearls.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a quilt that my mother and a neighbor made for me for Christmas when I was in the first grade. It had been a really rough year and my sister and I each got a quilt and a teddy bear and that was all. We didn't understand it at the time and were pretty disappointed but those two gifts were used every single day until the next Christmas rolled around. I came to love that quilt. Although the quilt is now torn in several spots and it never gets used, I keep it around to remind myself that sometimes we'll have a bad year but it isn't the money that's spent on a gift that's remembered, its the love that goes into it.

My quilt is the only thing I keep that is "broken" or doesn't get used. I have a fear of becoming a hoarder so I follow the 1 year rule as well. If it's broken and can't be fixed or hasn't been used in a year it gets tossed or donated.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a few things that are broken that I keep because someday I am going to learn how to make a mosiac table and then I won't have to break up good stuff but usually I just toss most stuff clothes included if they get hooles I get rid of them.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My late husband's watch. I keep it in my purse. It's just a cheap Timex he got at WalMart, but I will never part with it.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010