what do you moms think of gay adoption?

im just wondering what some of think about gay adoption? we are thinking about it in about 5 years and trying to learn about it and see what sociaty really thinks (not that we care but) its about the child.

shannonmarie759

Asked by shannonmarie759 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• My mother is gay and has been since I was 5 years old. I never had a problem growing up and it did not affect the way I live my life as an adult. I am married and have 3 beautiful children. And no, I am not gay! I don't see anything wrong with gay adoption. As long as the parents love the child and give them a happy life, it doesn't matter if the couple is straight or gay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I see nothing wrong with it. If two people love and respect each other and want to open their hearts and homes to a child then I am all for it. There are too many children out there without someone love and care for them forever. My husband's aunt is gay and wanted nothing more than to have children, but she couldn't adopt because of how she loves, it's a shame. You're right, it's about the kids. Good luck with your adoption efforts.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I don't see a problem with it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Anyone can be a mother. It doesn't matter what kind of plumbing you've got... as long as there's plenty of love.
    BobaFetsHelmet

Answer by BobaFetsHelmet at 8:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i dont belive in in personally but i have known some gayt mothers and fathers who are wonderful ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i have no problem with it at all, m i have 5 married friends that are lez and i have 3 gay male friends that are maried they all have childern witch its nice to have a play date with there childern, i even had a friend in utah his mom was a sweetie to me and she was marred to her gf from high school. and i'm the only odd ball ..lol..
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 8:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I think its awesome!!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I think its great. I think that as long as the child is in a healthy, loving home... Who can say no to that... Who am I to say what kind of family you should have?
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• wow how awsome thanks 2 everyone!!
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Personally I don't believe in the lifestyle, however, I would by far rather see a loving same-sex couple adopt a child and provide a good home, than see abortions or children being tossed around in foster care. The latter two things are far more devastating to me in my views.
    NewMom2RAD

Answer by NewMom2RAD at 9:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008