It sounds bad but I dont know if it really is. Everyone keeps telling me it is but how can I really judge whats going to happen?

My bf dont drink too often but when he does, he gets wasted. He keeps drinking til he blacks out and acouple nights ago, he did just that while I was not having much fun and began to relax. He then started talking about something I hated and I ended up leaving. I woke him up and gave him shit when I got back. He began kicking me out and pulled my arm and pushed me on the floor, not hard but enough to freak me out. I know everyone keeps saying to leave him, but he is the father of my child. He is never violent or controlling but should I end it all just for one of his drunken nights? We talked about it and he told me he'd stop drinking so we dont have no reason to fight. He isnt an alcoholic or anything, he just gets too drunk when he does want to drink with his friends. Do I just leave him or talk to him more about this? or do I just leave? I'm confused. I don't wanna leave.

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If he continues to drink, I'd leave, period. The behavior you're describing is that of an alcoholic who binge drinks. If he's not an alcoholic, then he should have NO problem not drinking in light of the problems it's causing in his relationship with you. If he does continue to drink, then he either has a drinking problem or is a total immature and potentially dangerous jerk. You don't want to waster your life with an alcoholic who won't get help, believe me.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Even if he claims to not be an alcholic and you think that he doesnt have a problem...the fact is..he DOES have a problem. When aperson starts drinking themselves into a stupor and blacks out..that is a problem. That shows they have no control over thier alchohol intake. I understand you wanting to stay together. From what you;ve said, he said he will stop drinking. I would request of him to enroll himself into an AA class in order to keep your relationship together. The problem can get only worse with time.
    Put yourself outside the situation...if it were one of your best friends and not you in that situation..what would you tell her to do?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If it were me knowing how he is when he drinks .. I wouldn't have left and then came back and woke him up.
    It would have been better to wait till he is sober.
    I believe that it's better to try to work things out then to just leave.
    You have decide though what is best for you. No one can tell you what to do
    just what they would do. Maybe if he starts to drink you can take your child and yourself
    to a friends or parents house till the next day.
    It might be his escape or something since he doesn't do it all the time.
    No you don't need to be hit, or pushed, kicked or harmed.
    This would help if you left the nights he does this and not bothered him.

You have to do what you have to do..

Good luck Fellow mom.
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Then don't. Accidents happen. As long as it never happens again it will be fine. But if it continues you deserve better...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am not certified to make an accurate judgement on him, but it sounds to me like he is a binge drinker....(look it up on google for more info). In my own opinion, if my DH ever layed a hand on me, I would be gone. I dont care if he is the father of my boys or not. If he could hurt me in a drunken state then he iscapable of hurting HIS children. I would say leave, but then again, that is my opinion
    actingout

Answer by actingout at 10:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Leave until he gets help.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010