hip pain vs back pain

Whats worse for me and my baby: Sleeping on my hip, which aches at night because of me laying on them or sleeping on my back to relieve my hip pain? I know its bad to sleep on my back but my hips are killing me more and more each day and to sleep on them makes them hurt worse.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Get a body pillow, or if you don't want to, get a pillow to put under your legs. Switch sides frequently (you should be waking to pee enough anyway). It's bad for the baby to sleep on the back. Pregnancy doesn't last forever.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 10:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I've tried pillows, they dont work that well. I do switch sides but my hips are extra sensitive and I oviously know that pregnancy doesnt last forever, this is my 3rd child!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Alright i understand. I had sciatica and my hips were an inch uneven!! Don't give up on pillows ye. Try laying on your back with a pillow under one side, it will keep your baby from laying on that artery. And i remember getting so desperate that I made a belly doughnut with pillows and I actually got to lay on my stomach for a few nights! Be creative, stick a pillow whichever way and place you need it to make the pain go away.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 11:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I can't sleep on my back because it hurts my sciatica nerves, and of course, it bothers me to breath. The baby is up really high. When I lay on my side my back hurts because my stomach just kins of lays there. I put a pillow under my stomach, and it makes me feel better. A body pillow works, but I just a regular pillow. Also, if you have a pillow between your legs, it's supposed to help alleviate hip pain.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It is best that you have this consulted by a doctor but for the mean time to relieve you from the pain, try putting a pillow on your back and see if it works. DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 3:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• Among those who are most vulnerable to hip pains and back pains, pregnant women are the most common victims. Hip pain is normal pregnancy symptom that normally afflicts women in last trimester. Some consider it as a minor difficulty. However, for others, hip pain results in to sleep deprivation and hindrance to daily activities. Medical experts suggest strengthening exercises and water workouts to counter the pain. Hip replacement surgery is not needed in this case. The controversial, recalled DePuy hip replacement devices should be watched out for.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2012