1st period after pregnancy/c section.....?

I had a c-section 3 months ago. I just got my first period on the 8th. I had the Mirena IUD (birth control) put in on the 9th. (the dr. said I needed it put in while on my period bc it's easier that way.) My question is that I am STILL kinda bleeding... It's almost been TWO WEEKS now???? I don't know if my period is just long bc its the first one after pregnancy...? or if it's something to do with the IUD? I don't have any cramps or anything. Ad it's not enough for a pad or tampon, just a panti-liner. its not bright red like normal period either - its more brown?? What the heck is going on??? Sorry if TMI. but I want it to STOP already! ????? ANyone exerience this, or know what could be going on???

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• It can take up to a year for you to regulate out...with an IUD, it can take a couple of months and you could either have normal periods, spotting, or none at all.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's probably a combo of both. Your first post-pregnancy period can either be lighter of heavier than usual. My doctor wanted me to use Mirena, but after doing a lot of research on it, I chose not to. One of the major reasons was your periods can last up to 16 days for the first 6 months with spotting in between time.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2010