Would you work with your SO/DH?

My husband is probably about to get laid off. My dad, who is also my boss, offered him a job here. He would make about the same amount of many, if not more. The company produces oil and is very stable. I might mention that my mom and my brother also work here. So...would you be comfortable working at the same place as your husband/SO?

AmazingAmanda

Asked by AmazingAmanda at 10:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, I have worked with my husband before and loved it.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yes. I plan on it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If he didn't have a job, then I would do it. But if it wasn't necessary, I don't think I could work with him all day. I love my DH, I just like my time away from him too.
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 10:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yeah, I wouldn't mind it. I worked with him before, it's where we met. We've worked at the same place off and on.
    Just remember to leave work at work and home at home. If you aren't getting along or having a "moment" leave it at the door, don't take it home/work with you.
    Have fun!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, We actually both worked together at Pizza Hut when we first started dating. I worked at a grocrey store deli and it was horrible and I was in there complaining to him one night right before closing and the manager offered me a job. It was actually nice spending the extra time with him even if it was at work...Although working with my mom and brother would be a huge no no for me...lol
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Honestly I don't think we could. I enjoy our evenings together and I'd hate not having that feeling of getting to see my husband. I guess this also comes from being in the military and I am used to being without him for long periods of time, so to be together all day and evening would drive me nuts. I could totally see how others could work together and especially if its a good job!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would.. I would love that!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My husband and I met at work. We were both really careful to keep things as professional as possible during work hours. That means, I didn't expect a faster response from him than anyone else would get, and vice versa.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sure I would do it. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Hell, no!
    Thankfully we were in unrelated career fields while in the military.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2010