Scared out of my mind!

Ok...so rewind a month ago today. My husband tells me he is gay...I was in denial and we end up having sex (we did use a condom). We decide the best thing to do is for me to save some money and get divorced in a year or so...since he came out we have not been getting along except for when the kids are around. They are a 5 and 7 and we did NOT want any more kids even before this all came out.

Now Aunt Flo is late and I think I may be pregnant. I have to say the thought of abortion is running thru my mind. Oh my gosh...what am I gonna do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I THINK that it may be running late because you heard some stressful news..and its not an easy thing youre going through right now. You guys DID use a condomn.right? Relax. Take a deep breath and try not to think too much right now. How late are you? Are you late enough to take a pregnancy test? Find out first. Then figure out the details later.
    Good Luck..hang in there.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• first, try to stop freaking out. Wait a few days/weeks before you get super worried. The stress of finding out your husband's gay and that you're going to be getting a divorce is definitely enough to throw your period out of whack!! Have you done a home pregnancy test? You can get them at the dollar store and they're just as accurate as the expensive ones. Do that first and then you can have more info to make a decision.
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 10:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• relax take it as it comes if u r then u have to do what u fill is best and good luck i hope things work out for u
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Wait & see if you are ACTUALLY pregnant. Stress often makes periods late. Then cross that bridge when you come to it. You already have two children so what is the big dilemma with having another? Continue with your plan regarding your Husband. Stop having sex with him though if you are serious about leaving him. He will just have to support another child. That's my opinion.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:55 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I remember your post. Give it a few more days. I was told not to worry if it less than two weeks late. If you ar nervous, get a test, and go from there. Once you know for sure, we will be here and can give you more advice.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Why would you need to have an abortion? Your husband said he is gay, not that he is abandoning his children to fend for themselves. If you are pregant, than it was meant to be. Relax.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Find out for sure first

Answer by admckenzie at 11:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I know it is hard but take a deep breath and calm down. If you dont want to wait a few more days to take a pregnancy test, call your doctor and ask him to order a blood test. This will tell you for sure.. I know when I am extra stressed my period have been like 2 weeks late. This is very stressful time for you right now, just make sure you have an outlet like a friend of confidant that you can talk to and vent to. They will also provide you with a different point of view. You need to start thinking about the future and prepare yourself for a divorce....Just remember that it is not your fault and make sure your babies know it is not their fault either. It is good that you can still make a plan together and make the divorce go as smoothly as possible for you and your children.
    pheenix30

Answer by pheenix30 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You may not be pregnant, stress can make a period late.
    Just wait and see, there are other options. Keeping the child for one and your husband is equally responsible. Might be hard for him to explain to his *ahem* lover but still he's responsible. You could also give it up for adoption.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010