help please i beg you

since yesterday afternoon I have the worst case of gas. I start getting a small pain in my stomach. It slowly spreads through my entire stomach and up my throat. It hurts a lot and makes it hard for me to breath. but I can only burp some times. Most of teh times I can't burp. I have to rush to the bathroom and put my finger down my throat. This causes the loudest longest burps you can imagine. It's good for a few seconds then the whole process starts again. I don't have insurance or money to go to a doctor. took zantac but it did not help. Anyone out there knows something I can take. The pain really is horrendous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• have you tried taking simethicon (gas x)
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I could never burp either. I would just have air bubbles bubble up in my throat. It would make me nausous and I would have to stick my fingers down my throat too in order to burp. I was misreble. It got really bad recently. I was having to stick my fingers down my throat several times a day to get the excess air out. All of a sudden I started burping. It started just little ones here and there. The "air bubbles" would come out instead of bursting in my throat. Now I burp ALL the time. I haven't had to stick my finger down my throat in months. I guess all the forced burping opened something up in my throat that allows me to burp now. Who knows. I still can't "make" myself burp, or even control when I do. It just come out. I feel your pain. Maybe after a while yours will resolve on it's own too.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Try laying on the floor and stretch and twist your body at the same time. It helped me once when I was hurting how your describing. Good luck and I will say a prayer for you..
    MamiSanford

Answer by MamiSanford at 8:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Sounds like it might be acid reflux or possibly indigestion. I ocassionally feel this way (not so severe) and I try to drink something carbonated which usually helps me burp. Don't know if it has ever worked for anyone else.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• nothing is working. I keep repeating the above process over and over again. Its like a vicious circle. thanks ladies for your advices.
    Anonymous

• I had this too. I have a gastritis and sometimes I have a heart burn. What I do and this help me immediately. I do a potato juice. Get a whole fresh potato, make a juice and drink it. It a little nasty, but it works. Also I take Aloe Vera ones a day. I feel heart burn sometimes, but not often.
    When I had it for a long time I got Zantac, it is available in any store, if there is 150 mg, I took one a day, on the morning. Zantac available in 75 mg, then you may take two times a day. But remember if it does not going away in two weeks, you must see the doctor!
    Good luck.
    bizzybee68

Answer by bizzybee68 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• the potatoe juice didn't work. still repeating the nasty cycle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I had taken zantac 75 and it didn't work so I went and bought zantac 150 didn't work either. i have not try that will go buy it now. thanks.
    Anonymous