What words are a No No

in your house? Keep it clean ladies lol.

I mean do you not say stupid, butt, dumb..

I dont mind any of those..I wont let my dd say stupid to someone but if she just says a movie was stupid I dont mind.

What words are banned from your house?

Shut up is banned from our house if you are saying it to someone.

I'm assuming most cuss words are banned so we dont need to list those lol

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• There are no "banned words" in our home. There are things she isn't supposed to say to someone. Like, she can't tell someone to shut up but if she says "I wish the dog would shut up" it's not bad.
    We say butt, and all those too. They're only words.
    We do, however, tell her that there are words that she says at home that would get her in trouble at school or that would offend someone else. She knows not to say those around other people (like butt, poop gas, stuff like that).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• actually, swear words are not banned in my house...
    I have more of an issue with words used to put poeple down, calling people stupid, dumb,retartded,idiot, a**hole
    that kind of thing.
    the F word...depending on how it's used- again if it is used in a sentence against someone

my daughter 16 swears, my son is 14 and I have NEVER heard a swear word come out of his mouth.

As long as they know it is one thing at home and entirely something else in public or with other family it's not that big of a deal
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• in mine, cant say shut up, my kids have went crazy saying butty (they laugh and laugh when they say it) but i am trying to break them from it, its not the worst thing in the world but i no longer find it cute exp. when they start trying to gabb each others butts (they are 3 and 4) ummm, they cant say anyone is stupid or dumb and no cuss words
    candace71306

Answer by candace71306 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Charlot- I was thinking of small children but teens are a whole other ball game lol. Depending on the situation I rememebr my mom parents letting cuss words slide in the teen years.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The obvious things like cuss words are not allowed. I don't really care if my son says butt or anything like that.

One word that is NOT OK around here is retard.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The only words I don't like are racial slurs. Other than that, I don't really limit language... And even at that my BIL uses "N****" like it's water... So even at that I can't really keep them out of my house - he lives here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Curse words.. Shut up.. Stupid..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i feel same way about the word stupid ... shut up is another one! and the R-word as KTMOM mentioned above is outlawed big time in my house !!!!!!!!!!!!!! apparently my girls think Fat is the F-word, LOL
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• oh and of course any racial slurs....
    FXmomTo3

• we do not say shut up, and i strongly discourage words like butt, penis, pee and poo. my big boys are 5 and 6 and are just getting into the teasing, so for us it is more the sentiment behind the words that are an issue.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2010