How do I get my 3 year old to stop sleeping in our bed?

She comes in the middle of the night. The new baby is coming i want her to stop. Please help me

Audreysmommy123

Asked by Audreysmommy123 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, I have heard that you have to get up and keep taking her back to her bed it might take a few sleepless nights but I hope they will get it for your sake Good Luck!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• that's the problem. i don't ever hear her come into my bed, or climb up. Should i take her back to bed when i wake up to go to the bathroom?
    Audreysmommy123

Comment by Audreysmommy123 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You can opt to take her back when you wake up....you could also opt to set up a place on the floor by your bed (out of the way) and see if you can transition her out that way. Has she always slept in your bed or is this new?
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 11:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• When my 2yo comes 2 bed I feel her climbin up I tell her "lets go mimis 2 ur room" we go n wait till she goes 2 sleep n come bak..it will b hard at 1st but she will 4get 2 sleep in ur bed and maybe juss go 2 ur room 4 u to take her bak 2 bed.. Took me couple of weeks 4 her 2 stop
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Set up a blanket on the floor out of the way. Tell her that if she wants to sleep in your room, she can sleep in that spot.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• this is new i think it's beuacse she knows that there's a new baby coming
    Audreysmommy123

Comment by Audreysmommy123 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My 3yr old does the same thing I am also expecting and due in Sept. I also don't notice when she comes in at night but when I wake up to go potty I take her back to her bed and if I notice her I tell her she is a big girl and that she needs to sleep in her own bed so I walk her back to her room and I have to do this about 2 times but every other night.
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 7:56 PM on Jul. 21, 2010