Small Wedding

My SO and I are having a small outdoor wedding this fall. We are going to a small building that holds50 to 75 people and having dinner and cake. Do we need entertainment? We just want to keep it simple and inexpensive..no wild party. I just feel like eating only is kinda blah..any ideas? We are in the south so ideas like corn hole are ok lol. We wont have a ton of room..is dinner only ok? The building does have a big porch.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• we didn't have any entertainment at my wedding reception... small venue that held 100. No DJ, no dance floor and it was beautiful and relaxing. Nobody had to scream to talk over the music, people sat on the wraparound back porch. I wouldn't have changed it at all
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sounds peaceful..maybe a background music a stereo so it won't be toooo quiet
    Just like a dept. Store
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We had a portable stereo playing music gently in the background

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think it sounds great!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 12:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think some background music would be a nice addition.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Background music for sure.
    Maybe make the eating part of the entertainment - interactive for the guests, with a chocolate fountain and fruit to dip in it.
    Or even an activity for the guests to do, like add a page to a "marriage advice" book or something fun that they could talk about and that could also become a keepsake for you.
    Congratulations on your wedding and best of luck!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2010