help me please?

since yesterday afternoon I have the worst case of gas. I start getting a small pain in my stomach. It slowly spreads through my entire stomach and up my throat. It hurts a lot and makes it hard for me to breath. but I can only burp some times. Most of teh times I can't burp. I have to rush to the bathroom and put my finger down my throat. This causes the loudest longest burps you can imagine. It's good for a few seconds then the whole process starts again. I don't have insurance or money to go to a doctor. took zantac but it did not help. Anyone out there knows something I can take. The pain really is horrendous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• Maybe you can try calling a few of the local hospitals to see if they have a free care fund or hill burton prog. They use a sliding scale based on your income. Good Lluck and hope you feel better soon.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Try something like GasX? Zantec is for acid.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It may be irritable bowel syndrome. I got it really bad after having my daughter. It causes an excess of gas bubbles, which could be that pain in your stomach. You may want to try Benefiber plus B vitamins caplets. They work wonders for me. I tried some other things for it and they helped the gas but made me very uncomfortable.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If the gasx etc. doesn't seem to be helping you should go to the emergency room. They will bill you later. It may or may not be serious but you don't want to take any chances. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!
    pat-a-cake

Answer by pat-a-cake at 9:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD TRY TO EAT THING LIKE BREAD AND CRACKERS, AND STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT COULD MAKE IT WORSE. I ATE TUMS LIKE THEY WERE CANDY WHILE I WAS PREGO CAUSE IT WAS SO BAD THAT I COULDNT BREATHE AT TIMES. I THINK THAT I WOULD TRY TO WAIT IT OUT THROUGH THE NIGHT AND IF IT IS STILL GOING ON I WOULD GO TO THE DOC. I WOULDNT WAIT ANY LONGER THAN THAT CAUSE IT COULD BE SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS.
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks ladies for your advices. Still repeating the above process over and over again. It's like a vicious cycle.
    Anonymous