How much do you give for a gift....

for high school graduation? We can't attend the party. The grad's family is somewhere between aquaintances and friends. In other words, the Mom is someone I would talk with at a party but not someone I hang around with.

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 11:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Id say 20 bucks
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• 20-40 dollars, depending on what you are able to do.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'd say stick a new twenty in a card.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Are you planning on just giving money or a gift card or a gift? Do you know if the kid is going to be going onto college?

What I thought was really cool when I graduated high school is a few of my uncles sent gift cards for grocery stores. One of my uncles put a post it on the gift card and said "This way I know you aren't spending money on something you don't need." I couldn't help but laugh. I like this idea. Plus if you do this the parents can always add more money to the grocery gift card.
    crazedaffe

Answer by crazedaffe at 11:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If the graduate is going away to college - get the grad a $25 gas card if they will have their car on campus. Or a grocery card, or a Wal-Mart card. But $25 is my limit for that type of relationship.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• thanks!
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2010