For those of you who track your cm (cervical mucus) TMI* adult content

okay so all yesterday my cm was VERY thick (raw egg white like) and stringy - this should be my MOST fertile time as I am understanding. So DH and I "preformed" last evening and now this morning I have almost no cm.... so did I catch the most fertile time last night(as per cm)? - I am new to all of this so please forgive my lack of knowledge (also I am in the process of trying to get my hands on a copy of Taking Charge Of Your Fertility)

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 11:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You will normally have 3-4 days of stringy mucous and it normally comes prior to ovulation not WHEN ovulation is happening. Once you ovulate, it will dry up. It could be if you used any type of lube, it could dry you out. I always check my mucous from the source. Internally at the cervix rather than waiting on it to make it's way externally.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yep no lube was used.... and mine just seems to come on right away and goes away right away, no gradual change in the texture.... (sometimes only for 24 hrs.) and sometimes for 2-3 days... don't know why it doesn't just stay the same in time or change gradually (it has always been like this and I already have 2 children so I'm not sure whats up...)
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Everyone is different and based on what you may be going through from month to month (stress, job change, just life!), that can also have an impact on your body and what it is producing each month. It sounds like you had the egg white CM that is the precursor to ovuation.....it is a sign of your most fertile time if you can stretch it btw your thumb and forefinger and it looks like raw egg white. Whether you have it for a day or 3; if you see this CM, you are most fertile so timing your intercourse to this day(s) is pertinent in trying to conceive.
    The book, Taking Charge of your Fertility is an online manual that you pay for and then download. I have it. It is very informative and although you will read things that you already knew, there are a ton of items that you will read and not have already known. It is a great book! Worth the $32.00!!! Best of luck to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sounds like it and it also sounds like you caught it just in time. I also occasionally have a cycle where I only get one day of EWCM. Good luck to you.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010