This may be a stupid question...

Why do women have to pee like every 20 minutes during early pregnancy? I get it at the end, a kid is sitting on your bladder, but why early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea--but my baby seems to think at 18 weeks in my tummy that Mommy should have to pee every 15 minutes! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• idk i wondered that too.. its weird huh
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Because as your body is filling with baby, your body is having to adjust to the new pressure. Further along in the pregnancy, you hve the ability to hold it a little longer because you become used to the pressure, then towards the end, baby is so big that your bladder is mostly compressed and won't hold much urine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Because all your organs are moving around making room for baby. New pressures, using lots of liquids etc. Did you know it is really hard to diagnose an appendicitis during pregnancy? Its because your appendix moves like 6-8 inches away from its normal spot to make room for baby throughout the pregnancy! Your heart will enlarge to twice its normal size and you'll have at least 2.5x as much blood in your body. Its remarkable really.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Lots of things are moving around in there. It really never gets better until you deliver
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was under the impression it was because you were filtering more blood or something to that nature on top of the pressure.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2010