Need a new hair style

I am 36 years old, 5 ft tall, with dark brown hair and my face shape is round. Right now my hair is all one length and past my shoulders. I'm making a fresh start and I need some ideas. I don't want to go really short.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Depending on whether or not you think just above the shoulders is too short for you, I suggest long layers with side swept bangs just above the shoulder. A medium length cut with layers will add not only definition, but it will make you appear taller. When long hair is all one length and you're short, it can appear to be weighing you down. I think that a cut like I described would look very light and chic, especially if you add some highlights. Have fun with it and congrats on your decision to make a fresh start! I hope that all goes well for you!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Agree with pp. Layers, Bangs and a change of color or highlights to make you look like a new person.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 8:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• layers definitely and some volume on top to lengthen your face..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010