Does it irritate you moms when a girl, who is not a mom has no parenting experience at all

gives their two cents about when to induce or having a vbac or anything else to you?

or judges your parenting style?
or is this something that only bothers ME?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I've never had a woman who wasn't a mother judge my parenting style. No one has, at least not in person. But it would bother me if it did happen and they were rude about it.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Well I haven't experienced this, but I would find it very irritating. LOL I'd tell her to pop out a few kids and then come talk to me about motherhood.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• To say that it irritates me is putting it mildly. It's usually right about then I point out that I carried, gave birth and take care of my children 24 hours a day and don't need the advice of someone who has done none of those things. That stops the advice giving in its tracks.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I can't say I've ever had that happen... If anything I tend to get the opposite. People assume that because I'm young I have no experience. When in fact I have not only my own children but I have taken in and raised older (tween-teen) "kids" as well...

But no, I'm not really one to get offended or upset when someone questions my parenting... I know I do what is best for me, my family & my kids... They don't have to like it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yes! i have a friend who always try to tell me what i should do for my son or buy him and she dont have kids hell she not even old enough to drink but we no longer hang out its aggravating i know whats best for my son
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 12:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• LOL..yeah..it can be a bt irritating. Especially when I'm pregnant and moody and irritable as it is. I tend to only listen with one ear at that point and smile.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That hasn't happened ...well, it didn't happen.I had my kds in the 1960's, 1970's and we women were not as opinionated and we were more easy going and let everyone make up their own minds. Also, there wasn't a debate about childbirth and breast feeding. It just wasn't done....it wasn't a good thing to advise...etc. We all asked our Doctors and we trusted them.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The thing that irritates me most of all, is when a parent, who has lost their child due to drugs or abuse or something of that sort, judges my parenting style. I recently had a mother who lost her dd due to abuse tell me how she would handle my kids if they were running around like my kids were. Really?! At least I have my kids!!
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No. It doesn't. Just because you have children doesn't mean you know anything about parenting. The opposite is true as well.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes! My daycare licensor is young and has no children. She has no child development training but has a degree in psychology. Her opinions on child care are so crazy and ridiculous it is all I can do to stay respectful. I found out she just had a baby. Can't wait to see how it changes.

I had a child here who was a biter. She told me to "discontinue my services". We just found out he has a disability and has to go to preschool classes to help him with his language development so he can talk. I so badly want to contact her and say, see? What if this was her child? She'd be thanking me for not giving up on him!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2010