weight?

i went to the doctors at 13 weeks and then again at 17 and i only gained a pound...is that normal? i look like i gained so much more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• for some it is normal .. some people gain between 15 and 20 lbs the whole pregnancy some more .. maybe your baby wants to hit you all at once lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I look like I have gained 30 lbs but I have only gained one as well. I am 18 weeks 3 days. I am eating super healthy this pregnancy and the baby is growing great and has a strong heart beat. I think you're just fine. Normal for you is not normal for someone else though. The average person gaines 20-25lbs per pregnancy...but you may only gain 10 and that is okay as long as you're eating healthy:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• lol well thats good news. it just surprised me because i look sooo big now. everyone comments and says it looks like twins lol.
    Anonymous

• i didnt gain any weight until 17 weeks, and it was only 3 lbs. im sure ive gained more since then, im 20 weeks now. i was wondering if it was normal too, but the baby looks and sounds healthy so its nothing to worry about.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I am 17 weeks as well and I lost 2 lbs since my last appointment...so I am 2 pounds from where I started from months ago. My doc was not worried, he said some dont gain any and some gain lots.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Sounds aweful but I am pregnant with twins (almost 31 weeks) and I have only gained like 20 lbs. No one even will believe me that there are two there. But it is all in my belly!
    FergieDZ

Answer by FergieDZ at 11:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2008