how do you deal with the first night alone?

how do you deal with the first night without your baby? I don't want to give him away to some stranger who has never cared about him...i have no choice..does it get easier? i don't honestly think i can handle it! some advice some encouraging words anyone who has been through this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• he will do his normal things and you both will return to just where you are ~ record his sounds on your iphone and listen to him while your are away~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Well, I let DS's grammy take him for a night after his 1st bday. I got drunk that night. Made it a lot easier to sleep! :)
    But what do you mean a stranger who has never cared about him? Are you having to allow visitation because of a court order or something?
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• give him away to a stranger ? I'm not really understanding ? why do you not have a choice ?
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• he is a stranger b/c he was a one night stand who i told was pregnant to give him the opportunity to know his son..little did i know that he was to receive yet another dui and lose his job and ditch me after less than a month of trying to make the best of this for my son.. then after being gone 11 months shows up with papers saying he wants full custody and i owe him child support..now the courts have us on a step parenting program and he will end up with overnights very soon..even tho he has still yet to pay a dime or do anything like buy diapers ect...very sad!
    Troy56

Answer by Troy56 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That is horrible! I'm so sorry! If you're honestly having trouble sleeping, maybe take a Tylenol PM or something. You'll not be the mom you should be when you have him back if you're totally sleep deprived.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 1:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• ouch ! I'm so sorry ! all i can say is keep documenting EVERYTHING ! send a communication book back and forth....expect him to write in it....after a certain period of time when he is not journalling take him back to court ! hopefully things will work out, but just in case it doesn't be prepared in this way !

hmmm, wait a minute.....i think i'd be telling the court that this man has had nothing to do with your son and should be integrated slowly by having to visit in your home, to learn the routines and care of your child.....then after a few visits he should be able to have a couple of hours on his own, and graduate to overnights...this is ridiculous...he doesn't know him ! ugh, stuff like this upsets me so much !

Keep your spirits up and hope this guy takes the responsibility seriously.....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010