formula question..and poop.

how do you know if a certain formula is right for your baby?
and are there suppose to be tiny white pieces of what looks like undigested formula in there poop?
i have a 1 month old on nestle good start in the orange can, and it seems like when she goes poop its hard for her even tho her poop is soft/runny. her legs go straight out and she crys when aking potty.

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't change formula unless directed by your baby's doctor. If it is worrying you, save a dirty diaper and head up to the doctor. I did the same thing, infact it was the same poop you are talking about. But they assured me it was normal for a 1 month old.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I used Similac Advance LIQUID. It is the BEST! If she is fussy, you should start giving her liquid formula ONLY, not powder mix. I know a lot of girls that start with a powder formula & have a lot of issues. There may be something in your water that is irritating her. The liquid formula may be more expensive but it is much better for her. Also switch to Similac Advance. My DS never had a problem & never had diarrhea. Good Luck!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had to try another and wait and see~better or not better. Pudding poop is the idea consistency I think. that might be her poop style for now...but I'd try a new one and see if she more comfortable~ (MD have any concerns or ideas)~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The way she acts when she poops is very normal. They just don't know how to really control those muscles yet, so it seems like they're struggling, but it's not because of the consistency of the poop, it's just because of muscle control. I used enfamil gentlease because my son did best on it, he was always very gassy and had pain because of it. He tried soy, similac advance, and this worked really well for him. Gave me my happy baby back. He was about that age too.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• you need to talk to your little ones doc to see what they think we had to change formula 3 times so far since one of my boys cant handdle milk, soy and now hypoallergenic formulas so we are going to try neo cate or elecare thats what his doc wants him to be on but he would cry all the time and then we started to see blood and so took him in and just found out he cant handdle any of that stuff
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 1:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010