quitting smoking

has anyone takin chantix to help u stop smoking?

momof4onesApup

Asked by momof4onesApup at 12:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• i stared it about a month ago and it is helping me so much i have not had a cigarette in a month and i feel so much better now if the occasional urge to smoke would completely go away and the bi***eness would completely stop lol
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I quit cold turkey, honestly its the best way to do it.......it's rough for a few days but then your good to go. I used lot's of lollipops, especially in the car =). Good luck, it is the best thing I ever did in my life after smoking for 19 years, I have to wonder why I ever picked it up in the first place.
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• no my DH quit cold turkey it worked for him....My Mother tried everything finally went with accupuncture after 40+ years of smoking she was done in less than a month with no cravings or mood swings
    what works for one person may not work for another just keep trying and don't give up
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• ohh accupuncture i hate needles lol but props to her and i tried cold turkey and it just didnt work but i guess i just needed that little extra boost that the chantix gives its been working great i am pleased with it the only side effect that is wierd is my dreams i swear when i wake up i was actually there thats how vivid they are lol
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010