Budgeting Help

I am looking to get on a serious budget and wondering if anyone knows of any online print outs or online websites to help with budgeting ourselves. I want to be able to make something that is actually able to be in front of me and not on the computer so I can keep it near me at all times in the house and not just on my computer. I was thinking a folder of some sort....not sure if anyone has any ideas for me . How do you all budget and keep to it? Any help is appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You might try Dave Ramsey.com.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• here's one, but there are several if you Google it. http://www.kiplinger.com/tools/budget/ (If you can't click on it go to kiplinger website) you can print it out.

We always have a goal to work for so we budget all the time. And then we can see if we can set aside a little bit to save. It's hard to budget at first, but keep your eye on the "prize". GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• there is a dave ramsey group on here that may also be helpful with ideas.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I can send you an Excel spreadsheet. You can fill in your own info & print it out. Another thing that I do is use a planner & write in each bill on the date that it is do. I have each pay date marked. So I know exactly how much of each check has to go toward monthly bills. What is left is divided between gas, groceries & savings.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• www.daveramsey.com/tools/budget-forms has pages you can download and print out for your budget.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yep Dave Ramsey!!!!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 1:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I highly recommend Dave Ramsey and the Dave Ramsey Fan group on CM :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I agree, Dave Ramsey. Join the Dave Ramsey Fan group here. There are budgeting forms in the group too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• There are plenty of personal finance blogs out on the Internet that have budget sheet print outs. We use a physical three ring binder and zerox ledger sheets for it. Ours is a pretty simple method and seems to be fairly common. We kept track of our spending, (I mean everything, even a pack of gum), for a month. Then we put the expenses into categories. We added the things that are paid out yearly or quarterly (car insurances, etc.) and divided that amount by the number of pay periods we had. We budget by the paycheck. Then we played with the numbers until our income and outgo matched up. We aways budget a bit of cushion for unexpected expenses and have another amount going into a saving account.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 12:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2010