Do you think?

If we went back in time with our punishment for crime there would be less. Like cut off a finger for stealing. Getting publicaly whiped for breaking and entering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes! I think it would defer alot of people to think twice about the crime. It seems as if people are willing to take the chance of getting caught because they think they will get a slap on the hand. Look at the death penalty, it takes 25 years for the death to actually take place. And someone who gets 10 years for rape, they are back out on the streets in 2. What a joke, why even say its going to be something that it isnt.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 2:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• For most of them, yeah. Some people commit crimes because they feel a compulsion to do so. Any amount of humiliating punishment wouldn't stop those. But they are the rare ones. I like the idea of old time punishments!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• heck yeah! I also think more public displays of punishment would help! Humiliation & fear do a lot to deter actions.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• LOL getting 100 spanks in public for cheating LMBO!!
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yup! Some countries still do! I also like the idea of special license plates for those that are 'convicted' of adultery. I know, more court costs. But if there is proof, it would be fast. Saturday in the city center. Great idea!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would like to think so, but we have the death penalty in some states and that still does not stop people from killing people :(
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010