I have another ultrasound...

A specialist called me and said he was unable to see something inbetween two chambers in the heart. While the lady was doing my ultrasound about a week and half ago she noticed that it was dark... The specialist believes that the lighting on the machine was do dark, but he's got me very worried.... has anyone else experienced this? I need some comfort because I don't want anything to be wrong with my unborn baby. Also the lady told me that the heart looked healthy and the heartbeats were very normal... would the baby have an abnormal heartbeat if there was a problem? Thanks

CCloud6

Asked by CCloud6 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ive had it happen but with my ovaries they couldnt see my right one when they call back usually dont worry its just because they are double checking better them checck again then something be wrong right ? .. good luck
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Ide ask for a different Tech. If the tech was unskilled to the point of not adjusting the light on the screen, then calls you with a lame ass excuse for a 2nd one I sure wouldnt want them doing the 2nd one. I would also be thinking the Tech's office knows your insurance is good and will pay for a 2nd one, when everything is probably fine.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had something so similar happen to me I went for 2 Level 2 sonograms and they didn't see what they wanted to see, the tech actually told me that she thought something could be wrong with the baby's heart, so ofcourse I freaked out. I know that freaking out isn't the right thing to do but hello your pregnant, hormonal and the thought of something happening to your little peanut can drive you insane. So they set me up to go to a Neonatal like cardiologist doctor, after waiting like 3 hours to see her I go she does the sonogram and says to me, 'why did they send you here?" Like she didn't even know why I bothered coming! I said I wasn't sure and she said well everything was fine! So after a few crazy weeks and lots of tears, everything was fine. And I have a very healthy crazy 2 year old! I guess they just want to double check everything for you. I'm sure everything will be fine. Good luck momma!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Sometimes you get news that turns out to be absolutely nothing...and remember even if they didn't see that part, it doesn't necessarily mean that it wont correct itself before delivery. My cousin got awful news during her pregnancy...about the baby's capillaries missing in a portion of her brain causing bleeding. She was told the baby would never survive...and when she went for a second opinion it was improved and operable, at the follow ups the problem has gotten better and better and now they don't even know if the baby will need surgery. It sounds like they are just double checking right now, so really try not to work yourself up just yet.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks ladies... you've really made my frown turn upside down! I'm not going to worry about it.
    CCloud6

Answer by CCloud6 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2008