The popular juniors/young ladies clothing store Forever 21 has launched a maternity line in 5 states.

From what I have read, they seem to be targeting areas with high occurrence of teenage pregnancy. How do you feel about it all?

Erin814

Asked by Erin814 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It isn't encouragement,

its just a sad statement about what's going on

They did not create the situation

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Parents need to get that problem under control not the store..

They are profiting off of  bad parenting and loose girls

and I am not saying that EVERYONE that was pregnant at that age was LOOSE...but whne the PROBLEM is as WIDESPREAD as it is......

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Forever 21 isn't just for teenagers, plenty of women shop there. I'm 28 and not interested in wearing old lady maternity clothes but i don't think that means i am promoting teen pregnancy.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Smart company. Since younger teens and young adults are getting pregnant more then they use to this company can profit from it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• why not? its a popular store for that age..and the pregnancy rate for them isn't going to decrease anytime soon..why not let them wear clothing styles they like, and just adapt measurements for the pregnancy? smart move, on the company's part. it's all about the benjamins!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Truth hurts. They found ther target market. Capitialism at work. And sweet is right, it's a parental issue.... Why not capitalize off of loose morals and a lack in parental guidance~ if people don't like it~ don't shop there...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• They claim that it is just a coincidence, and it may very well have been. I totally agree with sweet. I'm not even going to attempt to say it better! lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Free enterprise! Not the fault of a clothing company that teen pregnancy is epidemic. I say kudo's for the brains behind this money maker.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I agree with UpSheRises. I love to shop there and would have definitely shopped there when I was pregnant if they offered a maternity line then.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I agree with Sweet a Kins too.
    Sure,a married woman in her 20's who wants to wear maternity clothes from Forever 21 is just fine.But....the teen maternity clothes hype is disgusting. It rewards a teen for getting knocked up as a teen. ARe they stupid or wHAT? I won't shop there,for sure,after THIS marketing ploy. It sucks.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010