My 8 month old is teething, and she refuses to eat, well she'll eat but not alot. She'll cry to the whole time. What can do to make sure I dont starve her!???

1stimemommy87

Asked by 1stimemommy87 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD got sick and wouldn't eat table food. She would only breastfeed... and she would want to do it like six times a day! Is she still taking formula/breastmilk? If so, then you don't need to worry about table food at all.. she'll ask for it when she feels better. Good luck!
    Oh, if she's refusing bottle/breast, I would talk to a doctor so she doesnt' get dehydrated refusing to eat.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Just make sure she has liquids. Ice cream helps sooth their gums and gets them their calcium, same for popcycles. Does she take formula or bf? that should take care of her

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• She isn't going to starve. Think about it, we don't eat alot every single day. She will be back to herself in a few days :) Right now at 8 months, formula is the main part of their diet. So still try the baby food, but if she doesn't want them for the next few days, she will be ok.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• At that age, all they really NEED is breastmilk (formula if the your doing that). Make sure she gets plenty of bottles or nursing and don't worry about the solids. Solids aren't necessary until 1 year! If she gets really hungry she will eats, but the liquid is what is really important. (formula or breastmilk)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If she's hungry, she'll eat. She's not going to starve.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• When my oldest was teething, the only way I could get him to take his bottles and his baby food was to give it to him cold. He also liked those baby crackers/cookies to gum on.
    With my others, they pretty much just nursed constantly while they were teething and didn't eat much else, except maybe some froze fruit in a mesh feeder or a partially frozen waffle.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Isn't eating food or isn't "eating" formula/breastmilk? If it's the solids, but liquids are fine, no worries. If she's on formula, if she's getting 32oz a day that's perfect. If it's liquids she's struggling with, she could have an ear infection - it hurts to swallow & lay down. If she's not getting enough liquid call your doctor.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Try cold water, as long as she is having plenty of wet diapers you are fine! But yes bf or formula is all she needs! She will be back to her normal self in a couple of days! Good luck!
    sweetbeb05

Answer by sweetbeb05 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 6, 2010