Bed near window for 4yo?? What do you think?

So we have a very small space and I am trying to make the most of the space. My two boys 2 and 4 share a room and I would like to rearrange the room but if I do part of one bed would be near the window not his head but the rest of his body. What do you think? If I make the change it would open the room so much more but I am not sure. Also there are two vents and I have heard to not let your child sleep near one( one is high and the other is low) so the one vent would be blow over the head and the other would get covered up by the bed with a little space.THOUGHTS Anyone/ I need more room!!!!!
???????????

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 1:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• The air vent thing is if they have allergies and part wives tale.
    The window...you can put a baby gate in the window if it makes you uncomfortable.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Why shouldn't he sleep by a window?

I sleep by my window, both of my kids have their beds near the windows in their rooms. I don't see why you couldn't have your 4 year old's bed near the window.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would do it. Not seeing the problem with a child that age being near a window.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• bunk beds! I had a spacial problem for my girls and we got them bunk beds. They have some inexpensive cute ones. 4 year old on top, 2 year old on the bottom.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think it's fine. I like the idea of a baby gate or something if it makes you more comfortable.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yep... you can do the baby gate thing I did that for my sons room worked great
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Don't cover the vent, that will affect the temperature in the room. Otherwise, I don't see a problem with putting the bed in front of the window, just make sure it can't be opened
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 1:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• as long as you childproof the window so he can't open it and escape or anything, you should be perfectly fine.
    The only place in my kids' room for their beds to both fit is to be under the windows.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Is he a jumper? I would say go for it but I saw first hand with my nephew that it could be a bad idea (yes the window was child proof). Lets just say his mom isn't the most attentive mom so he would ge away with jumping on the bed, well the boy went at an angle (don't ask me how) and hit his head pretty hard on the window. Needless to say he finally listened to ME about not jumping on the bed...
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The window...I would just make sure the screen is very secure and maybe have a metal screen put in it...just incase they get a little rambunctious and accidentally knock into it..wuldnt want them to fall out the window.
    As for the vents..its summertime..so not a big deal.
    BUT..in the winter...one vent usually blows cold, right? I wouldnt want the vent that blows cold to be the one that is right over the top of the bed. And if the one that blows heat is under the bed then it may trap too much heat under there rather than keeping the room warm.
    I know..its such a pain all the things you have to think about when moving aruond a room,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010