Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need sum help

ok my mom has my 4yrs old son. She has had him for about 2 yrs and he calls her mommy and calls me momma and i dont like that. I keep telling him thats grandmaw and im your mom. But then my mom gets mad about that. She never brings him to see me and moved 35 mins from here and i only see him once a week and thats becuase i go see him. I want my son back and its so hard for me to tell my mom im afraid she will take me to court and everything. She has him because me and my son dad was having problems and i have never got him back and I MISS HIM SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Please help me . I cry and pray all the time. what should I do? Also i have full sow custdy of him court ordered,


Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I too have the same problem, except my ex mother in law has custody of my son. I know how hard it is to be away from your baby, and also when your baby is calling someone else mommy, and when that person controls every thing. like spending time with baby, I thought I was alone in this nightmare, ya know I pray and cry every single day that he's been gone, and it hurts so bad. I learned that it is hard for people to understand the feelings, that have not gone through this before. You have a good thing going for you that i don't have and that's the preciouse custody of your baby, I would love for you to write me at christina200107 or my actual e-mail please write me, it's nice to talk to mom's that have going through this.

    Answer by christina200107 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

  • If you have court custody of your son GO GET HIM! Bring the court papers with you. Whats your mom gonna do? Call the police? But if you take him and then cant take care of him I would think your mom would take you to court for custody of him. Being a mother dosnt take DNA. Being a Mom means making the sacrafices necessary to put the child first last and always.

    Answer by vbruno at 9:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • So, you love him. Then, you know what's the best for him. I'm sure your mother is not doing this just because to be mean to you. She loves your son, too. She probably thinks you can't handle it yet. Then, talk to her, and ask her what thinks you are lacking to raise your own son, and change it. Prove it to your mom, look ma, this is what I can do for my son, and this is how much I love him. If this still doesn't work, then, get the court paper.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

  • If you can provide your son with the care he needs then go pick him up. If you are not stable then leave things as they are. Talk to your mother about the nicknames. You are an adult and you must act like one even with Mom. We all tend to back off when it comes to our parents. Honey, you already have soul custody---if you are financially and mentally stable to raise your child---step up.  If you are a drug user, in a violent relationship etc---leave him with mom and get the help you need.


    Answer by MamaBear44 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2008