How do I find a temp agency?

My DH is looking for a Temp agency to work for... I've never heard of them... And I am clueless on where to find one. He asked me to find some for him to contact while he's at work.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Your local phone book...look under Employment/Temporary
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Or google it, you are bound to find more in the way of companies that look all over the country which employers use more since they are usually cheeper placement agencies.
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I tried the phone book... there aren't any listed... Does that mean there aren't any?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• There are several national temp agencies. You can look up their websites directly and get the local offices number off of there. Some of the major temp agencies are Office Team, Adecco, Shelling and Kelly Services.

And yes, they would be listed in the phone book under "employment".
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Thanks ladies... I found a few that are about an hour away... Now lets just hope one will take him.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• google it
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Look at Employed in the phone book many of them have both permanent and tamp jobs so maybe list there. If he is look for accounting type work try Robert Half Account Temp, Accountant on Call. You could also call the local profession association of the type of work he is looking for they may have leads.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 6:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• He will be best off with one that is industry specific.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010