abnormal paps and pre cancer cells. . .

if left untreated what may happen??

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 1:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• Precancerous cells are just that...the kind of cells that could turn into cancer. There is a slim chance that delaying any kind of treatment, for even a few months, could let the cells develop into something more serious. That would more than likely not happen though. I work for a GYN and often college age girls can't get back in for a few months due to school and they have all been okay...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It *might* turn into cancer over time.

My abnormal paps went untreated for TWO years, and my last pap came back perfectly normal. I had a long list of issues interfering with my ability to get further tests and treatment, so I DO NOT recommend letting it go untreated, but the pre-cancer cells can quite literally, just disappear.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i got those results. and got biopsies taken (which hurt like a B) and was told not to worry about it, it was nothing.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Why risk knowing what may happen?
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• im going threw this right now they want to do a leep and then just watch it to make sure it dose not come back i know
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 1:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i dont think waiting a couple months will really hurt anything too much. just make the opt as soon as you can.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• idk.. but mine went away. But mine were due to HPV. After the biopsy they told me they were going to get rid of them but then I found out I was pregnant so they couldn't. They told me it was possible for it to turn into full blown cervical cancer. But it was also possible that it would go away all together since mine was caused by a virus. After I had my son I found out they did go away.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 1:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It MAY turn into cancer. I had one abnormal pap due to HPV when I was in college. They performed a LEEP and then I had a follow up Pap every 3 months for a year. No more adnormal results since then (it's been 13 years I think).
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• let me elaborate:
    with each baby i have had they have found these cells and had to be scrapped off.
    however this time im having issues with finding a sitter for my kids who are not allowed at the drs office and my husband is gone overseas. i am trying to reschedule my appointment for after i get the kids enrolled on post daycare but this could take some time. and may be anouther month or so away. babys already 5 weeks old.
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would see a doctor every six months and get all the treatment I could if needed because it could turn into cancer.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 1:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010