Is it normal that she stopped asking to go to the potty?

When she first get's up in the morning I remind her to go potty. Or will ask if we should go potty. During the daytime, I'll try & wait to see if she'll ask. I have to ask her should we go potty and/or send her. I also leave the door open & light on so as if she has to she can. As long as I ask her or remind her she’ll go. If I don’t say anything she’ll go hours and hours and hold it. She used to ask to go but she's quit asking. I've even tried encouraging her to ask by bribing her with M&M's if she asks to go,,,,nothing. What can I do to get her to start asking again?

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can't. You will just have to keep telling her to go. It's a phase. We are in it right now too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You will have to keep reminding her. My son had to be reminded till about 2 weeks after we started potty training. He now just takes himself.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2010