What were ur experiences on having a csection?

Im scheduled to have one on monday, an im curious to kno what other women went through. what was the hardest/easiest-recovery wise. did u have older children to take care of too? (i have a 2yo) the whole experience??

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just would like to start of by saying if its not necessary don't do it. :) My experiences were ok but I would avoid it if given the option. The first took approx 6wks to be back to 90% of myself, the 2nd when my oldest was 3 was ...YUCK!...you can't lift the older one, play with them...you can't move very well for a few weeks so even giving a bath or picking up toys is very painful. Congrats by the way! :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had my first c section at age 19, I will leave out anything that you might think scary.

They are not that bad. :)
    The first one I recovered from quick. I had another one 4 yrs later and that one was ever easier.
    It wasn't to bad taking care of my daughter with having a second one either.
    You have to have a great mind set, think positive and get up and walk when they tell you.
    The faster you do things the faster you will feel better. No joke!

I had a 3 c section 6 yrs after my 2nd one and it was a bit harder. I was older and more nervous it had been a while.
    Though it all came back to me I was up and walking about 5 hours after my c section and so ...

Just take a deep breath and think positive. I have had one with 1 plus children and 2 plus children. And my bf now my husband didn't live with me so I had no help.... That's how fast you can bounce back.
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I planned natural childbirth with a midwife but ended up having an emergency C-Section instead. It was no big deal. I don't understand people who complain about the recovery being so hard and they couldn't get out of bed and stuff...i didn't have that at all. My incision got a little infected, that was it.

I did not have any other children to take care of and it was my first child so i don't have anything to compare it to but it seemed like no big deal.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had a c-section with my second. My first was 5 at the time. My c-section was awesome. We were in and out in no time. My recovery was much faster than my vag (first birth) and I was out of the hospital in 2 days. My "natural" birth had me strapped to the bed for 4 days after before they let me go home.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had 2 c-sections. Each was without complications and I was feeling 100% by 6 weeks. Everyone is different. I hope yours goes well. I had my mom and MIL come for one week each to help out. Is there anyone who can do the same for you? Can your DH take some time off that is separate from when others will be there? That extends the time you have help and gives him more one on one with baby. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i have a 4 and 2 yr old and had an emergency c-section in august last yr. the recovery wasnt the bad part it the fact that everything was soo blurred and so much felt wrong. like i never knew when my baby came out cuz he wouldnt cry, i didnt get to hold him right after and he was sent to a nicu a few hours later for blood sugar problems. i hated my c-section. i like vag birthing way more. but everyone is different when it comes to this. u wont hurt so much when ur up and moving its just the gettin up out of bed or off a low couch thats gonna be the pain lol. youll do great though try not to worry.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2010