do you ever feel alone

sometimes i feel like im alone with being a parent we have a 6 year old and 3 month old twins yes my husband works all the time but so do i and when he comes home he is so tired he wants to go to sleep or watch tv and he will look over and see my with two cry babies and just go back to what he is doing sorry i just needed to vent alittle

devinalexis

Asked by devinalexis at 1:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep my DB has been the same way... I have been made to feel lonley quite a bit since my pregnancy with my twins. I was stuck at home a lot durring the pregnancy and his excuse was "I gotta go have a life" which he did until the girls were about 8 months and I said things need to change. I still feel lonley quite a bit but we are working on things. You will survive.. just have a "come to jesus" talk with the man and tell him how it is
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• thankyou
    devinalexis

Comment by devinalexis (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It sounds like your hubby needs a wake-up call - tell him that you need help with the children - they are half his, so half the responsiblity belongs to him. You cannot continue to be a single parent. If he refuses to help out, tell him that you are going to hire a nanny.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I can't believe so many men are like this.. my husband was / is so hands on with our son.. granted we only have 1 and I know I've taken on most of the responsibilities but those are still my own issues lol!! you NEED to make him step up or resentment will step in.. he may earn the paycheck but you both are working and YOU are tired too, what gives him the right to sit and watch tv with 2 crying babies?? you BOTH need unwind time. I think a very good sit down talk needs to happen
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i have talked to him about gosh i dont know how many times and it will be good for a few days but then gose back to the way it was just like last night i was running on 6 hours a sleep for 2 days he said he would stay up well i was a sleep for a hour and woke up to crying not alittle cry but a full blown scream and cry so went out and he was sleeping on the couch he put one of the boys in the bouncer in frount of the tv did not even hear him crying so one more night i was awake
    devinalexis

Comment by devinalexis (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2010