What was an embarrassing moment for you?

As a child? As an adult?

Child: When I was in elementary school (I think it was 6th grade), I had the chance to be in a spelling bee. We had our list to study from and I looked at it a bit, but I admit I didn't full hardcore study. I always made As on my spelling tests, so I wasn't worried. I get knocked out with my first word, which was "peddle." Not a hard word to spell, but I thought they meant "pedal." My hearing was (and isn't) good, so I had trouble understanding the definition. I had to remain seated on stage until it was over with. It was mortifying.

Adult: I had a toilet break under me. *sigh* I was 6 months pregnant and overweight. DH and I were at the mall doing our Christmas shopping. The bathroom had a long line and I went into the first stall that was open. It occured to me afterwards that people were avoiding that stall. I should have too. I got out of there as quickly as I could.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Aww, that's awful! Here are mine!

Child: When I was about 15, I was in a school play where I had to wear a mic. After one of my scenes, I went to the bathroom. I even waited like 5 minutes to make sure everything was all clear (they always tell you to be quiet when you get off stage to give the tech guys time to turn the mic off). Evidently, I was so quiet that they didn't realize I was still on and the ENTIRE AUDIENCE HEARD ME PEE. Everyone in the cast knew it was me bc the other people wearing mic's were on stage at the time. I was so embarrassed!

Adult: When I was 9 months pregnant with my first, I was walking around the mall with my hubby. It was the holiday season so the mall was pretty packed. While walking down the steps, I slipped and fell flat on my butt. People were running to me to make sure I was ok since I was so hugely pregnant. I was mortified!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• a child
    when i was 9 I farted really loud in church during the meeting where everyone is in the same room and the bishop is talking and praying. To top it off my crush was sitting in front of me..... Yeah that was the last time time I went to church.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• A child? I don't remember - farting in the second grade maybe or wetting the bed at a friends house in 6th grade and lost all my friends and everyone made fun of me and laughed at me everyday
    An adult.. oh so many but the recent one - me and my husband went to a work function of mine, our first over night date since our 2-1/2 year old son has been born, we got kinda wild in the hotel room.. well, the room next door to us was a current co worker with a big mouth so he had to tell basically all the warehouse guys that he couldn't sleep and all that he heard.. idiots..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• As a child.... My mother didn't have a lot of money when we were growing up. She would give me some money to go buy things at the thrift store. So I found these cool jeans and got them and another pair. Mind you I was a freshman not to popular but middle class. When I walked in two science class they said I had the same jeans on that I had on the day before. I didn't but they did look the same. They asked me if I wore the same bra and undies and if I even bathed. It was a shameful moment and not one I would ever want to re live.

As an adult... I would say when I went to the bathroom at a restaurant and thought I had locked the door. A few mins later I went to get up and someone opened the door. I was like ... OMG.. and the lady was like OMG and ... well she closed that door fast and all I wanted to do was leave and not eat. LOL Always double check the door or bring someone with you to guard it. lol
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• When I was in the 7th grade I had just started menstrating. Once I was wearing a pad. I went to a perochial school so we had to wear those pleaded skirts. In class, I was walking across the room and I saw a pad laying there on the floor. I realized that I wasnt wearing mine. It was my pad! I kinda pretended to tie my shoe and pick it up but I didnt have anywhere to put it since I didnt have pockets. I think I stuck it in my sock and then went to the bathroom to throw it out. I dont know if anyone in the class noticed, if they did they must of been embarrassed as not to let on.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 2:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• forgot to add in echoed really loudly, few where laughing and few were doing that uncomfortable cough
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Oh god, I've had a few!

In middle school I got my period and it was so bad that the blood was coming through my jeans. I had to wrap a jacket around my waste the rest of the day.

A few years ago at a friends wedding, she got married outside and I was walking down a cobblestone path in heels and totally WIPED out and fell in front of everyone. I was so mortified.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2010