How do you deal with the disappointment of a BFN?

I get really depressed when I get the BFN. How do the rest of you wonderful TTC women deal with the blues of the BFN. I just got the results of a blood test and it is negative. It makes me so sad. All I want is to be a happy proud mom. Please give advise. Thanks in advance.

Denise510

Asked by Denise510 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Keep your eye on the goal. It will happen when it is your time. Sometimes, you have to just relax! With my son, we got preggers the month after we decided to stop "trying" and just have fun again. The lack of stressing about it allowed my body to finally make it happen! Your time will come!
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Don't stress or think about it. Good luck
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'm sorry, I remember those days. I remember that feeling. The only thing that made me feel better was knowing that god would make me a Mommy when the time was right. Or the right baby is waiting for me, like that perfect egg that will would be my specific child. I'm a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason, and that helps me during times like that. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Oh and I agree with the lady that said to relax, when we were ttc for my son it took 3 months and that seemed like forever, and my husband was getting stressed out with all the ttc, planning, counting days, all that jazz, and finally after I thought I'd already ovulated and missed it, we had an argument about it all, and we decided to just go have a couple drinks at the bar, and we did and I remember getting a major ache in my side but thought nothing of it, anyway, we had amazing make up sex that night with the help of a drink or two, and we actually had sex because we wanted one another, and not a baby, and it was awesome and we concieved that night, lol. I was stressed and so when I thought I had missed O- it was delayed due to stess and that ache was actually ovulation. I didn't realize at the time since I thought I'd already seen the peak on an opk. The point is, relax, stop ttc for a bit, and just have great sex.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010