• In the Spotlight:

okay I have a few questions!

I have NO idea what Obama OR McCain are for/against... Can someone please help me understand both of their points becasuse I want to vote but everytime i hear stuff its peoples opions. not facts. THanks !!@

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Here are the facts about McCain's & Obama's voting record regarding Children with Special needs, Disabled Veterans, and all persons who are disabled.

You make up your mind. I don't want a cold heartless president.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1232100/McCain_vs_Obama_Who_supports_children_adults_with_disabilities
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 9:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You can do a candidate calculator to see who you align with better. www.vajoe.com has one. You just take a quick quiz and it tells you who you best align with (including 3rd party candidates). www.votehelp.org also has one. Maybe if you try a few of them and then compare the outcome it will become clear to you who you really support. Good luck!
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• http://www.factcheck.org/  This site will give you the TRUTH, Unbiased, not for or against either candidate and the absolute truth about all the ad's and what both are for or against. An informed choice is the best choice.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would go to each of the individual candidates web pages to check their voting records. I would not base my vote off of a journal post from here! They are most likely biased.

Here is a candidate quiz that can help you out with which candidate you match best with. http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/Pres2008.asp

Good Luck!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Try www.votesmart.com.

For the most part factcheck.org is unbiased - but only for the most part. On a few issues, they leave out critical infomation so they can spin things a certain way. It's a good place to start but don't trust it for the full story.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Wow, I want to say bravo to the ladies that replied to this post. This is the best, well mannered post I have seen.

I agree with the other ladies, Do your research on reputable sites. Dont go on news websites, they are always biased. good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I was reading this. I thought for sure that supporters of each candidate would be here spouting off everything they knew (or thought they knew) about their candidates. I'm pretty set in stone on my choice, but I'm looking forward to checking out these websites. Thanks for the info. everyone!
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 11:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Actually, I found an analysis on msn.com that was pretty good. I'm a veteran (by accident) of politics, though. Remember in school elections when the kid said he'd get longer lunches (yeah right!). Nothings changed. They were just practicing. I think people give too much power to the President over the economy. Basically laws are passed by Congress and the President either approves or disapproves. So, they can say they'll do whatever they think you'll believe -- but they can't do it alone. I'm more concerned that our future president can handle representing this country in foreign nations.
    WD40

Answer by WD40 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2008