Pregnancy Test...

Okay, I tend to be quite the paranoid person when it comes to pregnancy. Every time I throw up or get heartburn I run out & buy a pregnancy test. Well, I did this the other day because I was nauseous for a week straight. I took the test this morning & at first nothing appeared (I waited maybe 5-10min)...I left it on the counter to check back in a few minutes but my son had other plans & I wasn't able to check back too quickly. By the time I remember it had been 2hrs. That's when I saw the faintest of lines, but it was definitely there. The box said it's no good after 10min, but I was wondering if there is a possibility that faint line really is something or just the test going funky because it sat there so long? Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know!! I hope you get the answer, but if that happened to me, I'd be buying a new one!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You cannot trust it to be accurate past the allowed time. at 2 hrs it is not accurate. It is the evaporation line.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It could easily be an evaporation line. Time to get another one and try tomorrow.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 2:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would say the result is not valid. If you are concerned that the line may have been there before the time was up, I would take another test.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yea i would go get another test seeing how it was sitting for 2 hours you cant trust them results good luck
    TPT420

Answer by TPT420 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would ignore the old test and toss it, take a new one and see what that says. I hope you get the answer you want-- good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Morning sickness doesn't usually show up until week 6, which means it shows up after a missed period. Have you missed yours? If so, you'll want to test again.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• you never know! i would definitely take another one. i have a friend who had the exact same thing happen two weeks ago and she was infact pregnant. are you late? when are you supposed to start?
    southernlovin

Answer by southernlovin at 3:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• With my son I got morning sickness before my missed period at only 3 weeks. I had a positive test then too, so I don't go by the 6+ week thing...because it's different with everyone. I have decided to just take another one in the morning because now that I think about it it could very well be the evaporation line...it hadn't crossed my mind til reading the results, all I saw was a line & that's where my mind stayed. Thank you all!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2010