how to deal with adhesive allergies during delivery..?

Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with an adhesive allergy during delivery? I cant even use the stuff that sticks to itself (what is placed on your arm after donating blood) I will be a mad woman due to the tape more than the delivery. I plan on getting a bare minimum of a hep lock.

ballerina_06

Asked by ballerina_06 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You make sure your doctor is aware of your allergy and when you check in for the delivery you make sure they are aware also. They will use convential (metal) needles or cloth straps to hold things in place if your allergies are that bad.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Tell your doctor to write near allergies that you are allergic to adhesive tape. They should have some papertape for you. They use those clear covers for heplocks so they can use them for IVs too. Make a point to tell the nurse and anyone else who deals with you that you want no adhesive tape. Anesthesiologists are notorious for doing whatever with those IV sites so get them to acknowledge you don't want the tape too.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2008