How do you lift yourself up when you are feeling beat down and overwhelmed???!~

Ok so I am usually or I guess I used to be a pretty positive person, my husband is "the cup is half empty" but I am starting to agree with him.. Its like its one thing after another for us.. nothing is "easy" - we had the hardest baby on the planet and eased right in to the toddler age just the same - we are trying to sell our house and so far both of our vehicles have broken down.. at the same time... 2 times in the past 2 months - adding up to over $3000 in repair, our lawn mower broke, our oven broke, our fridge broke, our microwave broke our water softner was leaking and had to be replaced, we had our first date night in 2 years friday and the day of is when both of our vehicles broke so it set a bad tone to the night and put us both is foul moods - our son has seems to be over dramatic, over emotional and we are all butting heads.. I feel like a breakdown is near.. I don't know how to keep up my "good" spirits..

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• WOW! First you need to take a deep breath! That's alot ot deal with! Hugs to you. Maybe you are still a positive person because you haven't taken the bridge yet! Sometimes we all live under a storm cloud. Decide what you have control to fix and what you don't.Like you can't control how soon your house sells but maybe you can do something to upgrade it to make it more attractive or have better curb appeal. Your son maybe feeding off the tension in the house and maybe that is helping him be more emotional. Don't be afraid to take a walk by yourself or send hubby and son to the park and take a nice long bath or nap. Nothing wrong with whining sometimes, we all need to. Nothing wrong with letting the vacuum sit and having a beer with your husband sometimes either. The fact that you had date night says you understand the need to keep close to each other and that's a good thing, even if the night wasn't what you had hoped for.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 2:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I hate it when people say that there is someone worse off. We are not talking about someone else. We are talking about you, and how you feel. You are asking what you can do to feel better. But no one says the right things. Not so much meaning you aliceinalgonac. I mean in general. I posted about feeling depressed and everyone under the sun said something negative. Please seek a therapist, or they gave me the spiel about god. That is not what we need to hear when we are feeling overwhelmed with life. We need to hear uplifting and positive things. I'd prefer someone offered friendship and kind words. I don't need a run down about being thankful for this and that and being told that someone has it worse. I'm sure they do, but at that time you feel like your whole world is crashing down. You are not asking about the next person. Hey drop me a private message if you find alot of negativity.
    MamaNiecey

Answer by MamaNiecey at 2:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• There is always someone worse off than you are ... there are always areas of your life that are bright spots. Hang in there, I'm sorry you're struggling.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Oh yeah, plus my son had to be taken out of his daycare center because he screamed and kept telling me he was getting hurt so I had to search for in home care, finally found one he starts on the 27th but its terrifying to me, I can't stop getting sick even though I eat very healthy, lost 20lbs and trying to be healthier. He doesn't sleep through the night, which means I don't and I haven't slept good since being sick and its just a "virus" so there's nothing making it better... I swear I feel I could whine and keep going on but all I do now lately is yell and feel beat down. And my husband is going through a mid-life or something at the moment so we are both just feeding off each other I think.. wahh...lol!! sorry,. guess I just needed to whine.
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think it's good to vent..just let it all out. I know exactly how you feel, I got on cm to take my mind off all the bull shit. I try to keep a positive attitude as well, but at times I just break down. Nothing lasts forever so...hope fully the bad times will pass soon and good things will start to happen for us. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The most important thing is ,that you have a great husband and son and so much love for one another. I am sure things will get better for you. I wish you a great great day with lots of "HUGS"!!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010