Does anyone have a large floater in their eye?

I don't mean little floaters that you only see when you look at a bright or white background. I have a large one in my left eye that goes right across the middle of the eye. It moves around but always goes to the middle and is ALWAYS visable. Iv'e had it for about a week. As soon as I noticed it, along with the bright flashes, I went to a Opthamologist. He said the retina is not torn but he has to keep an eye on it. I go back in 2 weeks again. My question is, have you ever had a large one that obstructs your vision and how long did it take to go away?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have floaters, but they are not noticeable unless I am looking through a microscope (in science lab at school). I wish I could be of some help. I'm glad you are seeing a doctor about it.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 2:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I haven't had any like that, but stay in touch with your dr. He will know if you need attention. My hubby had a detached retina, but your symptoms don't sound anything like his were.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No, I have not but I just took my dad to the dr alst week for a Floater he has a small tear in his eye that let a bit of blood out so he said don't lift anything and keep his head back when sitting. Good Luck!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• NannyB, if you don't mind me asking, what were your husbands symptoms of his detached retina & what did they do for him. Thanks!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010